At 15:25 this afternoon, the cattle were resting beneath the shade of the trees in the northwest corner of the site, near ///bind.senders.poses. Steer 200 and cow 201 both got up when they heard me approaching, peering through the branches before relaxing when they saw a familiar face. Steers 207 and 208 soon followed, getting to their feet while I was saying hellos to the other two, who had wandered over to greet me. Although it was cooler today, with a gentle breeze blowing, there were still plenty of flies about, although the cattle didn't seem too bothered by them.
After our initial greetings, the cattle were content to gather around me to relax and chew their cud. Steer 200 leaned in for a neck rub before shuffling forward for a back scratch. I noticed he had somehow managed to flip the neck strap on his collar, making it even tighter than it already was. After a long, relaxing back scratch, he patiently allowed me to straighten the strap on his collar. Since he was being so accommodating, I also took the opportunity to loosen the collar slightly to make it more comfortable for him.
The cattle were all happy, relaxed, and looking well. Even when some aircraft making last-minute arrivals for the Farnborough Airshow flew overhead quite close to their position, they remained calm and continued to chew their cud. I was delighted to discover that they had found the pool of water by the fire hydrant sign, with footprints indicating that they'd been drinking from there. I said my goodbyes at 16:15, leaving them all peacefully resting beneath the trees.
The cattle were all good today.
No comments:
Post a Comment