At 15:50 this afternoon, the cattle were resting at the side of the pond, relaxing and chewing their cud. As I approached, steer 200 and cow 201 got to their feet and came over to say hello, both enjoying a few strokes. Steers 207 and 208 soon followed, coming over to greet me too. Steer 200's walking still wasn't perfect today, but it was much better than when I last saw him. Judging by his muddy feet, he's certainly not having any trouble getting down to the pond for a drink! Hopefully, he's well on the mend now.
After our initial greetings, the cattle soon gathered around me to relax and chew their cud. Steers 200 and 208 took turns stepping forward to enjoy long back scratches. Steer 207 was clearly curious and soon stepped forward too. He was initially a bit unsure, but soon started to relax and enjoy it until steer 200 gave him a little dunt with his head, sending him wandering off. Cow 201 was content to just stand close and chew her cud. All four were happy, relaxed, and looking well.
Around 16:25, it started to lightly rain, but the cattle weren't the slightest bit bothered and continued to stand around me, relaxing and chewing their cud. Steers 200 and 208 were both happy to have the rain brushed off their coats before I said my goodbyes at 16:45, leaving all four peacefully resting.
There was still plenty of drinking water in the pond, with the level looking similar to last weekend. Before leaving, I took a walk over to the Fire Hydrant sign to check the water levels, where I found plenty of water remaining in both the main pool and the surrounding run-off areas.
The cattle were all good today.
No comments:
Post a Comment